Synergies between Science, Technology & Humanities
There is a growing concern on the future of the humanities in the higher education system and in our societies at large. We are witnessing very deep changes and transformations in our societies such as environmental, scientific and technological transformations and cultural aspects of a global world. These transformations pose huge challenges that need to be addressed, and higher education has a key role to play in addressing them. Diagnosis, debate and proposal of actions on these issues is necessary if we want to be able to face current and future changes in a democratic and sustainable way.
In relation to this topic, GUNi is currently working on two essential activities:
- The International Conference on Humanities and Higher Education: Generating Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities which was held in November 19-20, 2018 in Barcelona
- The 7th edition of the Higher Education in the World Report (published in 2019)
The two activities count with the support of the following local and international advisory committees.
Read the news below for more information about GUNi's activities devoted to the 'future of Humanities and Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities' and other news related to this topic:
- News on Higher Education25/05/2021
The "Lisbon Declaration on Humanities, Open Research and Innovation" has been signed by over 100 heads of major institutions and...
- GUNi News10/05/2021
The conference is an initiative of UNESCO and the International Council for Philosophy and Human Sciences with the Portuguese Foundation for...
- News on Higher Education11/01/2021
Prof. Arne Jarrick has come out with a new book where he talks about the major issues of the humanities. Jarrick is one of the members of the ...
- News on Higher Education05/10/2020
The 2020 UMAC Award was won by University of Tartu Museum, ESTONIA for their "A Hundred Faces of the University of Tartu." The...
- GUNi News11/03/2020
Axel Didriksson, Carmen Camaño (UCR), Freddy Álvarez (UNAE), Damián del Valle (UA) and Célia Caragnota (UFRGS) joined the presentation.
- GUNi Highlights13/12/2019
The 7th Higher Education in the World Report (HEIW7) “Humanities and Higher Education: Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities” was...
- ArticleThey are profound transformations that affect the very meaning of the notion of “human” in relation to society and life on the planet as a whole. In this context, humanities are...