The report attempts to answer these questions based on a theoretical analysis and practical evidence. It also includes a Delphi poll of more than 100 key experts and practitioners giving their views on the subject, and contains supporting statistics, analytical maps and a detailed bibliography.
Some of the principal issues dealt with are:
- What are the historical and sociological roots of accreditation?
- What are the current mechanisms of accreditation?
- How do they take care of cross-border higher education?
- What are the financial implications of accreditation?
- How to avoid corruption in the process?
- What are the steps to set up an ideal accreditation agency?
- What are the main issues related to the governance of the process?