GUNi online focus group discussion on the new GUNi Higher Education in the World Report "New Visions for Higher Education Institutions towards 2030"
On March 21st 2022 at 15:30h CET, GUNi hosted an online focus group discussion on the new GUNi Higher Education in the World Report, entitled "New Visions for Higher Education Institutions towards 2030".
The participation on this online focus group consisted of discussing the “Vision” of the new GUNi World Report, together with a group of distinguished experts and GUNi members that were selected amongst the members of our network and other relevant colleagues from the Higher Education community. The event was held upon invitation and was not live-streamed.
The discussion was focused on three key issues:
1.Introduction to the new GUNi World Report and presentation of the ‘Vision’ of the GUNi World Report
2. Contributions from the participants about the ‘Vision’. Which aspects would you highlight about the document?
3. Open discussion. How relevant and challenging is it to have the Vision for the transformation of Higher Education Institutions towards 2030?
After this focus group, GUNi will prepare a summary with the main contributions made and they will be taken into consideration for the final version of the '"Vision" of the new GUNi Higher Education in the World Report. This "Vision" of the new GUNi World Report had previously been shared and opened to discussion with all the members of the GUNi network, as an exercise of creation of a common approach of this part of the Report.
You will find more information about this new edition of the GUNi World Report here.
List of participants:
- Budd Hall, Co-Chair UNESCO Chair in Community-Based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education · University of Victoria (Canada)
- Axel Didrikson · Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México · GUNI-LAC (Mexico)
- Valerii Monakhov, Head of UNESCO Chair "Education in a multicultural society” · The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia (Russia)
- Ramon Torrent, President · OBREAL Global (Spain)
- Sara López, Head of International Relations · Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
- Vidya Yeravdekar, Principal Director of Symbiosis Society · Symbiosis International University (India)
- Pastora Martínez, Vicerector of Globalization and Cooperation · Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Spain)
- Olusola Oyewole, Secretary-General · Association of African Universities (Ghana)
- Deb Adair, Executive Director · INQAAHE (The Netherlands)
- Oscar Felipe Garcia · Famimundo Institute (Mexico)
- Santiago García Granda, President of Crue’s Commission for Agenda 2030 · CRUE (Spain)
- Jairo Cifuentes, Rector · Universidad Javeriana de Bogotá (Colombia)
- Roger Chao, Assistant Director/Head of Education, Youth and Sports · ASEAN Secretariat (Indonesia)
- Ana Lúcia Gazzola, former Executive Director · UNESCO-IESALC; former Rector, Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brasil)
GUNi team participating in the focus group:
- Josep M. Vilalta, Director
- Marta Cayetano, Comms and Outreach
- Marina Sampayo, Project Officer
- Cristina Garcia , Project Officer
- Jaume Fortuny, Project Officer