You are here
University of Cape Coast (UCC)
Mission / Vision
"To have a university that is strongly positioned, with a world-wide acclaim."
This statement of where the University sees itself in the future sets the tone for every strategic decision or choice that it has made. It sets the ambition of the organization and serves as the lodestar that every Faculty, School, Department, functional division and individual must aspire to. In combination with its mission statement, the University of Cape Coast has articulated a view of a realistic, credible and attractive future for itself; a target that inspires all stakeholders to maximum effort in bridging the gab between their current reality and their desired future.
"The University of Cape Coast is the University of Choice in Ghana."
It is an equal opportunity university, uniquely placed to provide quality education through the provision of comprehensive, liberal and professional programmes that challenge learners to be creative, innovative and morally responsible citizens. Through distance leaning, it also extends the expertise and facilities to train professionals for the education enterprise and business by employing modern technologies. The University constantly seeks alternative ways to respond to changing needs. The institution continues to expand its existing highly qualified Faculty and Administrative staff, by offering a conducive environment that motivates them to position the University to respond effectively to the development needs of a changing world.
Corporate Strategic Thrusts
- To vigorously promote research, teaching and outreach that will position University of Cape Coast as a centre of excellence.
- To attract and retain high calibre academic and administrative staff.
- To vigorously pursue distance education, develop new relevant programs and periodically review the existing ones.
- To provide integrated and modern information and communication technology facitilities.
- To aggressively develop linkages with local and foreign institutions and partnership with industry.
- To undertake vigorous fund raising drive by aggressively pursing consultancy, internally generated funds and enforcing fiscal discipline.
- To create an organizational culture that enhances efficiency, discipline and commitment.
- To improve upon physical infrastructure and support services to enhance teaching, learning and research.
- To improve upon management capacity and institutional governance structure.
- To create a conducive working environment which recognises equal opportunities for faculties, staff and students.
Teaching, research and participation in community programmes