Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
Mission / Vision
Secular and spiritual amelioration of humankind as a wohle, irrespective of caste, creed, colour, nationality, gender or religion, thorugh the two-pronged process of individual emancipation of a human being from ignorance (at the micro-level) as well as the collective good of the society (macro-level) physically, mentally, intellectually and spiritually.
Our University's mission is to participate in Ramakrishna Mission's own mission by keeping higher education as the specific focus and creating centres of learning that would be centres of great harmnoy and synthesis of arts and sciences and the various branches of knowledge, both secular and spiritual.
The mission of the University is to impart what Swami Vivekanda called 'mandmaking' and character-building education that would create scores of young men and women endowed with all-round and harmonious personalities with 'hearts to feel, brains to conceive and hands to work'. In this mission, special attention will be given to University's social commitment, particularly for the uplift of the underprivileged, downtrodden and weaker section of the society.
- To impart, promote, undertake and provide for instruction, training and the study of artsm philosophy, sciences, social sciences etc or any other branches of learning as it may deem fit for cultivation and dissemination of knowledge;
- To undertake, promote and provide for research and for the advancement of knowledge;
- To impart instruction and training particularly in areas having special bearing on the uplift of the unprivileged sections of the society;
- to impart
- To strive for the inculcation of higher human values in both the youths and adults, with a view to raising the quality of people of the country as aldo of the world at large;
- to train and educate the youths to become worthy global citizens as well as to b able to effectively participate in the enormous task of nation building - rebuilding India thorugh the building of individual character, cast in the mould of harmony, synthesis and peace
- To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further the objects of Ramakrishna Mission un particular reference to education as envisioned by Swami Vivekananda
The activities of the University centre round the following 'thrust areas':
Disability Management and Special Education
Integrated Rural Development and Tribal Development
Indian Cultural and Spiritual Heitage
Disaster Mangement including Relief and Rehabilitation