MISSION: Universidad Politécnica Salesiana is a humanistic and polytechnic institution of higher education based on Christian inspiration, with catholic characteristics and Salesian nature. It is directed to prefer young people from lower income groups and seeks to educate students to become "honest citizens and good Christians" with academic and research capabilities which contribute to local and national sustainable development.
VISION: To be a higher education institution recognized for seeking the truth, for developing culture, and promoting scientific and technological research. As well as being socially recognized for its academic excellence, being socially responsible and for its capacity to influence interculturality.
1. Academy: Constitution of a scientific community with vocation professional, committed, legitimate, and aware of the needs of local and national development.
2. Academic Efficiency: Innovation and excellence of training in undergraduate and postgraduate programs that ensure permanence and efficiency terminal of your students.
3. Management and Institutional Policy: Consolidation of transparent management and efficient institutional resources, to ensure the definition and promotion of policies for a relevant education with the needs of the country, to monitor their work education, its presence in society and its proposal for equity to achieve inclusion and communication of the truth
4. Infrastructure: Strengthening the infrastructure that guarantees the adequate pedagogical facilities for the development of teaching and learning activities.
5. Administrative Management: Pertinence and effectiveness of management administrative-financial.
Research, Higher Education, Social Work, Publishing
Access, equity and quality
UPS is known for its numerous research and social projects related to accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities. In particular, it has the UNESCO Chair Support Technology for inclusion, as well as the Support Center for inclusion. It also stands out for its social work with the less favored sectors of Ecuadorian society, such as the academic program of degree in Business Administration in some prisons of the country, as well as the study programs for indigenous people and their support to the PACES Foundation that work with children’s.