UNESCO Chair in Higher Education Management
Parent Institution's name (original language):
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech
The mission of the UPC UNESCO Chair for Higher Education Management is to, “promote excellence in quality, innovation and social commitment at higher educational institutions through management training, debate, policy diffusion, study, counseling and knowledge management.”
Our motto is:
QUALITY, INNOVATION AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT
The objectives of the UPC. are based on internationalization, as it is Spain’s technical university with the highest number of international PhD students and Spain’s university with the highest number of international master’s degree students. The UPC. has a vision of innovation and talent in a global and highly competitive world.
The main working areas we develop at CUDU are:
- Strategic planning and management of universities.
- University policy and higher education financing.
- Innovative systems for the organization and management of universities.
- University quality and evaluation.
- University and regional development.
- Teaching management and investigation.
- Knowledge management in higher education institutions.
- Corporative communication and marketing at universities.
- Good governance and financial accountability at universities.
The Chair’s activities have been developed within the Technical University of Catalonia at local, national and international levels.
These activities are divided into:
- Counseling and consulting.