Synergies between Science, Technology & Humanities
There is a growing concern on the future of the humanities in the higher education system and in our societies at large. We are witnessing very deep changes and transformations in our societies such as environmental, scientific and technological transformations and cultural aspects of a global world. These transformations pose huge challenges that need to be addressed, and higher education has a key role to play in addressing them. Diagnosis, debate and proposal of actions on these issues is necessary if we want to be able to face current and future changes in a democratic and sustainable way.
In relation to this topic, GUNi is currently working on two essential activities:
- The International Conference on Humanities and Higher Education: Generating Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities which was held in November 19-20, 2018 in Barcelona
- The 7th edition of the Higher Education in the World Report (to be published in 2019)
The two activities count with the support of the following local and international advisory committees.
Read the news below for more information about GUNi's activities devoted to the 'future of Humanities and Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities' and other news related to this topic:
- GUNi Highlights26/11/2018
• International experts from diverse areas of knowledge agree on the need for Science and Technology to go hand in hand with the Humanities to...
- GUNi News22/05/2018
In the wake of the collaboration initiated on occasion of the ...
- GUNi Highlights02/05/2018
Registration to the forthcoming GUNi International Conference (19-20th November 2018 in Barcelona) is now open. Spread the news!...
Reflections on the future of the humanities and the relation between science, technology and humanities in the 21st Century.
Interview to the Editorial Team and Local Advisory Board of the new edition of the Higher Education in the World Report 7, to be presented on the 10th December...
Open letter from the GUNi Director, Josep M. Vilalta, about the new edition of the Higher Education in the World Report 7 to be published in 2019.
The HEIW7 will be devoted to the future of the humanities and the relation between science,...
- GUNi Highlights08/03/2018
Under the title 'Humanities and Higher Education: Generating Synergies between Science, Technology and Humanities', the forthcoming...
- Article“If we do not work together, the Sustainable Development Goals are not worth the paper they are written on"
- GUNi Highlights12/06/2018
GUNi participated yesterday at the the 3rd Regional Conference on Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (CRES 2018)...