Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Societies need a global transformation and a clear commitment towards sustainable development, the reduction of social inequalities and the improvement of living conditions at local and global level. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a response to this need: a universal, ambitious, sustainable development agenda involving education, health, environment, industry, justice, governance, cities among others.
Challenges such as health and demographic change, food security, quality education for all, secure and clean water, green and efficient energy sources, climate change, and inclusive and secure communities need the engagement of the universities responding at global and local levels. On one hand, contributing to the global challenges of the world (summarized by the SDGs) and on the other hand, helping the economic, social and cultural development of its nation, region or society.
It is in this framework that GUNi has adopted a new strategic line of action around the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs with a focus on partnerships, knowledge and research. GUNi’s project on SDGs is based on:
· The GUNi International Conferences on SDGs (International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals: Actors and Implementation, 2017 - International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals and Higher Education, 2020)
· The Group of Experts on SDGs and Higher Education
· The following publications and reports: "Approaches to SDG 17 Partnerships for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)", "Sustainable Development Goals: Actors and Implementation, a Report from the International Conference" and "Implementing the 2030 Agenda at Higher Education Institutions: Challenges and Responses".
Read the news below for more information about GUNi's project on SDGs and other news related to the SDGs:
- GUNi Highlights15/06/2015
This Forum was organized by UNESCO in partnership with the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
- Member news24/04/2015
The new report appears as a mechanism to assess global progress in education and setting the important elements for shaping the post-2015 global...
- GUNi Highlights30/11/2020
Newly launched ‘TEFCE Toolbox’ supports universities’ community engagement without using metrics or ranking.
- GUNi Highlights14/07/2020
The Global University Network for Innovation (GUNi) and the TEFCE Project organized the webinar “TEFCE Toolbox for Community Engagement in Higher...
- GUNi Highlights30/06/2020
The Global University Network for Innovation (GUNi) and the TEFCE Project are very pleased to invite you the upcoming webinar “TEFCE Toolbox for...
- GUNi Highlights25/09/2019
The 25th of September 2019 marks the 4th anniversary of the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals. Worldwide this day is...
- GUNi Highlights12/06/2018
GUNi participated yesterday at the the 3rd Regional Conference on Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (CRES 2018)...
- News on Higher Education08/09/2016