GUNi Report global impact: 38 events in 25 countries
During 2014, 38 events were held in 25 countries to launch the GUNi Report. Among them, the regional presentation in the Arab States, held in Jordan, the regional presentation in Asia and the Pacific, held in South Korea, and presentations in India, Hong Kong, South Africa, Ghana, Australia, Mexico Argentina, Italy, Denmark, United Kingdom, Canada and Uganda should be highlighted.
After its publication in February 2014, the report Higher Education in the World 5, Knowledge, Engagement and Higher Education: Contributing to Social Change is having a worldwide impact among higher education academics, policy-makers and practitioners. The distribution of 800 copies to key institutions and personalities, together with its presentation at key seminars and conferences held in different regions and countries around the world has given the report great impact among the higher education community across the globe, since it raises stimulating ideas and ways for action to engage universities with society.
Below is the list of presentations of the report held in 2014:
- February 9, Amman (Jordan): “How to Integrate Civic Engagement onto University Campuses in the Arab Region”. Talloires Network Faculty and Staff Professional Program Workshop. Columbia Middle East Research Center and Silatech.
Regional presentation in the Arab States region (17 countries represented)
- March 3-7, Delhi, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh (India): "Community based research and social responsibility in higher education”. PRIA in collaboration with the British Council.
- March 20, Ottawa (Canada): Meeting of the Canadian Bureau of International Education in cooperation with Canadian Commission for UNESCO.
- March 19-21, Iquitos (Peru): “IAU 2014 International Conference: Blending Higher Education and Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable Development”. International Association of Universities (IAU) in collaboration with the Universidad Científica del Perú.
- March 24-25, Seoul (Korea): “1st International Forum on Global Social Responsibility. Universities in Actions: Emerging perspectives on Global Social Responsibility”. Seoul National University, Institute of Global Responsibility, GUNi, UNESCO Chair in community based research and social responsibility and UNESCO Bangkok.
Regional presentation in the Asia and the Pacific Region. Representatives coming from Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand and India.
- March 25, Oxford (UK): “Conference of the Open Society Foundation”. Pembroke College at Oxford University.
- April 3-4, Cape Town (South Africa): “The South African Higher Education Community Engagement Forum (SAHECEF)" University of Western Cape.
- April 7, Kansas (USA) in the framework of the “Kansas State University’s Community Engagement Scholarship Symposium” in partnership with the Engagement Scholarship Consortium.
- April 9-11, Copenhagen (Denmark): Living Knowledge Network Conference. Aalborg University.
- April 22, Glasgow (UK). “Official launch of the GUNi Report in UK”. University of Glasgow.
- April 24-26, La Valletta (Malta): “6th International Conference of the Popular Education Network”. University of Malta.
- April 29-May 1, Miami (USA): “Going Global 2014 Conference for leaders in international education”. Miami Beach Convention Center.
- May 13, Toowoomba (Australia): “Launch of the GUNi Report”. University of Southern Queensland (USQ).
- May 17-18, Victoria (Canada): “Collective Analysis Workshop for Mainstreaming CBS Project”. University of Victoria.
- May 19-22, Victoria (Canada): “Conference on Beyond Engagement”. University of Victoria.
- June 16, Edinburg (Scotland): “Symposium on University-Community Partnerships, Infant Mental Health, and Systems Change”. World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH).
- June 26-28, Lisbon (Portugal): “Conference in Local Change, Social Actions and Adult Learning: Challenges and Responses”. Institute of Education, University of Lisbon.
- July 10-12, Coimbra (Portugal): “International Colloquium Epistemologies of the South”. Alice Strange Mirrors, Coimbra University.
- July 18, Guadalajara (México): “Launch of the GUNi Report”. Universidad de Guadalajara.
- August 18-22, Buenos Aires (Argentina): “XVII Seminario Internacional de aprendizaje y servicio solidario”. CLAYSS.
- August 20, Toluca (Mexico): “Launch of the GUNi Report”. Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México
- August 26, Cape Town (South Africa): “Open Seminar on Community University Engagement”. University of Cape Town.
- August 28, Stellenbosch (South Africa): Launch of the GUNi Report. University of Stellenbosch.
- September 15-20, Bujumbura (Burundi): “6th. International Conference and workshops in Higher Education in Africa: Africa Regional Higher Education Quality Assurance Conference and Workshop”. GUNi-Africa, UNESCO, AfriQAN, AAU.
- September 18, Bogotá (Colombia): "Launch of the GUNi Report". Universidad Distral de Bogotá.
- September 29-30, Brussells (Belgium): "Meeting of the Public Engagement with Research and Research Engagement with Society". Living Knowledge Network.
- October 7-8, Edmonton (Canada): in the framework of the Engagement Scholarship Consortium annual conference.
- October 14, Barcelona (Spain): “Launch of the GUNi Report”. Global University Network for Innovation (GUNi).
- October, 26-29, Florianopolis (Brazil): “Seminário de Pesquisa em Educação da Região Sul/Reunião Científica Regional da Anped (X ANPED SUL)”, Grupo de Estudios sobre Politica Educaçonal e Trabalho (GEPETO).
- October 27-29, Criciuma (Brazil): “Congresso Iberoamericano de Humanidades, Ciencias, Educaçao: Perspectivas Contemporáneas” UNESC (Universidade Extremos Sul Catarinense)
- October 27-29, Kampala (Uganda): “East African Strategic Planning meeting”. Makerere University.
- October 28-30, Sorocaba (Brazil): “Seminário Internacional Formaçao e conhecimento”. Universidade de Sorocaba (UNISO)
- November 17-19, Nusa Dua (Bali): "The 2nd. Asia Engage Regional Conference".
- November 20, Rome (Italy): "SIS-RRI – Sciences, Innovation and Society: Achieving Responsible Research and Innovation Conference"
- November 21, Torino (Italy): “Launch of the GUNi Report”
- December 2, Hong Kong: “Seminar in Community University Engagement and Social responsibility”. University of Lingnan.
- December 3-5, Cape Town (South Africa): "2014 Talloires Network Leaders Conference"