The GUNi Group of Experts on SDGs and Higher Education is composed by representatives of some of the major networks working on sustainable development and higher education and is intended to be a space of debate, collaboration and sharing of expertise from different regions of the world, cultures and perspectives in order to advance the 2030 Agenda.
The Members of the Group of Experts are:
- Ghada Ahmadein (Arab Network for Environment and Development, RAED)
-Jeffrey Sachs (United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network, SDSN)
- Orlando Sáenz (Alliance of Ibero-American University Networks for Sustainability and the Environment, ARIUSA)
- Akpezi Ogbuigwe (Earth Charter, United Nations University-Regional Centres of Expertise, UNU-RCEs)
- Rajesh Tandon (Participatory Research in Asia, PRIA and UNESCO Co-Chair in Community Based Research)
- Charles W. Richardson (College of Business, Misericordia University)
- Carme Gual Via (Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation, ACCD)
- Thomas Jørgensen (European University Association, EUA)
- Arnau Queralt (European Environment and Sustainable Development Advisory Councils, EEAC)
The Group of Experts has been working on the first publication devoted to the SDG 17 “Partnerships for the Goals” with a focus on multi-stakeholder partnerships and capacity building which was published on July 2018 and presented in a public event on October 2018. The first meeting and the open-debate of the GUNi Group of Experts on SDGs and Higher Education celebrated on the 29th and 30th October 2018 gathered over 80 people in Barcelona. The Group will publish a new report on SDGs and Higher Education in 2019.