University of Fianarantsoa
Mision / Vision
- Teaching and Research for sustainable development in the fields: social, economic and human.
- To provide training and knowledge as per society development needs.
- To adjust dysfunctional system in pedagogy and administration in order to take up the globalization, the sciences and technology evolution challenges.
- To foster the students professional insertion in prioritizing performance, competence and especially sense of responsability.
- To involve into innovation required by the usual context.
Fianarantsoa support its goals in four main pillars:
- ISTE bases the program of its training on the biodiversity conservation, the environmental degradation and the adaptation to climate change.
- The department of chemistry of ENBS has been working on a project untitled: "Biodiversity conservation through bioprospecting in Madagascar". It consists on phytochemical study of plants from a natural reserve in the South-East of the region to know is flora.
- A doctoral school called "Modeling of complex systems and sustainable development" is recently implemented to get together all research about sustainable development: renewable energy, different organic fuels (biodiesel, bioethanol...) to replace fossil fuel and fire wood.
- Fianarantsoa University presidency has a contract with the National Park of Ranomafana (in the South-East of region) acccording to which students can follow practical work in this park guided by biochemists, biologists and botanists from different local and foreign universities.
2.Access equality to the University
- The access to the University is free of all discrimination: gender, religious, ethnic, race, etc. Everybody has the same chance to access to all knowledge taught at the university.
3.Support for social services and
- A preventive medicine center exists at the University where free HIV/AIDS tests are accesible to students and inhabitants living around. As the university as far from the hospital, an ambulance is available for students in case of emergency. Students get bursary monthly in all faculties and schools. Few students stay at apartments offered by the University as the place is so limited.
4.Support for civil society association
- The University has a collaboration conrtract with certain NGOs working in the region of Fianarantsoa.
- FIANTSO Madagascar: working on gender and laws, decentralization and management of land laws, food security.
- FEFIDES: working for the protection of women against all aggression (women lecturers are the heads of this association).
- MALAGASY MAHOMBY: working on adult training and against illiteracy.
- Exchange of inter-institutional documentations (CEDII/Maison de l'organisation de la Societe Civile: MOSE) working on good governance and democracy, real decentralization, local governance and transfer of management and competence to the governmental institutions like communes, region.
Involvement in non governmental organization