Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Mision / Vision
To be a university of global Excellence in Training, Research and Innovation for Development.
To offer accessible quality training, research, and innovation in order to produce leaders in the fields of Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Enterprise Development, Built Environment, Health and other Applied Sciences to suit the needs of a dynamic world.
To set trends in Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
To participate in the discovery, transmission and preservation and enhancement of knowledge and stimulate the intellectual participation of students in the economic, technological, agricultural, professional and cultural development of Kenya.
To play an effective role in the development of agriculture and technology in conjunction with the industry and to provide extension services so as to contribute to the social and economic development of Kenya.
To cooperate with the government in the planned development of university education and in particular to examine and approve proposals for new faculties, new departments, new degree courses or new subjects of study proposed to it by any constituent college or other post-secondary institution; to determine who may teach, what may be taught, how it may be taught and when it may be taught at the university.
University Core Values
- 1. Quality. The university shall always be quality driven in all its activities and operations.
- 2. Team work. The university shall maintain a cultue of teamwork to ensure synergy in the conduct of its activities.
- 3. Transparency. The university will maintain a culture of transparency in dealing with staff and students and all its stakeholders.
- 4. Accountability. The university shall on a continuous basis enhance its accountability systems and practices.
- 5. Professionalism. JKUAT shall put emphasis on expertise and professionalism in the conduct of its activities and provison of service to all stakeholders.
- 6. Innovativeness. The university shall endeavour to utilize the latest, up-to-date and most appropriate technology inachieving its objectives.
- 7. Integrity. The university shall be honest, truthful and reliable in the provision of services to its customers.
- 8. Dynamism. The univerisyt shall be responsive and adjust its programmes and services to the changing national and global development needs.
JKUAT Will endevour to Attract, Develop, Motivate and Retain a multi-skill workforce and nurture consolative working environment. JKUAT shall also adopt ethical standards, best practices, and latest up to date and appropriate technology and strive to contribute to the community to realise both her vision and mission.
Research, Teaching, Academics and Extension projects.