• Promote a global perspective through a global faculty, global courses, global programmes, global curriculum, global research, and global collaborations in an intensive research environment, ensuring academic freedom and functional autonomy.
• Provide an enriching, intellectually engaging, and discovery-based learning environment for students including opportunities for engaging in interdisciplinary research, summer internships in leading organizations, semester abroad, participation in community service projects and in national and international academic, cultural, sports and other events.
• Create and maintain a vibrant research environment to promote cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research and collaborative work with local, regional, and international communities.
• Conduct capacity development programmes for practitioners from governments, corporations, and civil society organizations to enhance their leadership qualities and skills, management capacity and commitment to professional ethics.
• Promote a culture of excellence in all activities of the University by implementing good practices aimed at personal and professional development of students, faculty members, and non-academic staff.
• Focus on outcomes and impact.
• Academic freedom applying standards of the world’s top universities.
• Highest ethical standards in personal and professional behavior.
• The promotion of pluralism and celebration of diversity
• Collegiality and team work.
• Concern for the environment.
• Transparency and accountability to all stakeholders.
To build world class institutions which foster excellence in higher education and contribute to nation building. The goal is to pursue high quality research, capacity building and leadership development initiatives on different aspects of higher education in India and around the world.
-Conduct research, promote scholarships and offer advice in all aspects of higher education with a strong focus on curriculum development, pedagogical innovations, faculty engagement and international collaborations.
-To facilitate the development of research eco-systems and contribute to empowerment of individuals via realization of knowledge society.
-To develop objective criteria to benchmark and assess institutions as well as evaluate their contribution to nation building.
-To provide institutional support on law, policy and regulations relating to higher education.