Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences (Poznan University of Life Sciences)
Mision / Vision
In its long-term vision, the Poznań University of Life Sciences emphasizes in particular its intent to educate and undertake scientific research, addressing today’s needs of the country and of the Greater Poland region.
The educational mission of the University of Life Sciences is strictly related to scientific research which takes into account new fields of knowledge and the changing human needs. The University’s scientific achievements are disseminated on a national and international basis while underpinning the transfer of knowledge to socio-economic practices and contributing to the establishment of relationships with the industry.
The Faculty performs research at the macro-, meso-, and micro-level regarding economic and social problems related to the processes of economic development on the international, national, regional and local scale. Basic research areas cover the following issues:
• consumer behaviour on the higher education market (models and patterns of behaviour, determinants of behaviour, decision-making),
• marketing strategies for higher education institutions,
• macro and microeconomic determinants of sustainable development,
• multidimensionality of globalization processes, in particular international trade of agricultural products and students mobility,
• regional policy and social policy towards rural areas,
• economics of consumption (quantitative and qualitative patterns of consumption, determinants of consumption, economic determinants and regularities in consumption)
• poverty and standard of living in rural areas.
The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences offers BSc and MSc studies in the field of:
• Finance and accounting.
The Faculty conducts full-time doctorate studies in the area of economics. It is entitled to confer Phd degree and post-doctoral degree in economics. Moreover, the Faculty offers postgraduate studies and a full-time English-speaking MSc programme in the field of Economics, specialisation in Agribusiness.
Higher education's contribution to sustainability
• The assessment of the rating measures of the EU regional policy by local governments in the Wielkopolska voivodship
• Regional and local conditions for the development of agritourism and rural tourism in Poland
Social responsibility of higher education:
• Development of the universal computer program to draw up a cash flow statement in accordance with the Accounting Act and International Financial Reporting Standards (IAS 7)
• Holistic management in enterprises in the aspect of their competitiveness
• Farmers household consumption in Poland and its determinants
• Diversification of the financial situation of farms in the European Union countries from Central and Eastern Europe
• Regional diversity of changes in the structure of agricultural sector in Poland in the conditions of integration with the European Union
• Structural changes in the agriculture in the EU countries based on statistical structural analysis
• Study on the international competitiveness of the agri-food sector and forecasting the development of trade using the general equilibrium model: Global Trade Analysis Project
• Importance and evolution of agribusiness as a subsystem of the national economy in the EU countries
• Spatial dependencies between synthetic measures of the level of sustainable development and institutional infrastructure in poviats of Western Poland
• Determinants of sustainable development at the micro and macroeconomic level
• Financial security of local government units in Poland
• Determinants of economic activity of the rural population in Poland. Possibilities to reduce hidden unemployment in agricultural sector
• Application of the game theory to analysis of decision-making processes of the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union
• Effects of structural policy for rural and marginalized areas in Poland
• Development of rural areas on the peripheral area
• Socio-economic determinants of household debt - the European and Polish perspective
• Agricultural income in the European Union in the context of the evolution of the Common Agricultural Policy
Information about projects’ Authors are available on the webpage: https://wes.up.poznan.pl/pl/node/285