Mission and objectives
To strengthen the role of higher education in society contributing to the renewal of the visions, missions and policies of higher education across the world under a vision of public service, relevance and social responsibility.
- Encourage higher education institutions to reorient their role for broadening their social value, embrace this process of transformation and strengthen their crucial stance within society.
- Promote the exchange of resources, innovative ideas and experiences to facilitate higher education’s role for social transformation.
- Foster networking among higher education institutions and cooperation between them and society.
- Help bridge the gap between developed and developing countries in the field of higher education and foster the cooperation North-South and South-South.
- Allow collective and cooperative reflection, exchange and production of knowledge regarding what social responsibility and relevance should mean in the emerging planetary era.